Saturday, March 1, 2008

The First Shots Are In!

Wow... technology. Isn't it something?
On Janurary 30th, Jill and I went in for the 'old ultrasound.
Finally, the first shots of our little love-bundle! Love-bundle?
Anyway, it was an amazing experience. Immediately the tech asked us, "Are you'all interested in knowing the sex of the baby?" We replied affirmatively. No way we're going in to this blind. I'm a planner. So the tech proceeded to take 5 minutes of shots, labeling hands, legs, feets, heads, etc., then came the moment of truth. "Are you ready?" she asked. Before I could respond, the beans were spilled- it's a girl!

Dialogue:
Andy: "Are you sure?"
Tech: "Positive."
Andy: "Really?"
Tech: "Yes, girl."
Andy: "...really?"
Tech: "Yes."
Andy: "Girl?"
...Pause
Tech: "Yep. See those two lines?"
Andy: "Um, yeah."
Tech: "Girl."
Andy: "Got it."

Immediately I had a 16-year futuristic vision of my daughter telling me how much she hated me and how she never wants to speak to me again as she slams the door to her room... :)

In all seriousness, Jill and I couldn't be more excited. She's healthy, measures-up well, and is very active; we can't wait for what's to come. She's beautiful... well, the ultrasound photo is kinda creepy, but a beautiful sight nonetheless!















No comments: