Monday, October 25, 2010

29 Weeks!

So, we're finally back. Things have been busy around this household, but first I have been asked by many for an update on baby #2. I am currently in my 29th week (estimated due date is January 9th). The time has gone by extremely fast. It's hard to believe he will be here in just 2 1/2 months! We do have a name picked out for those who have not heard: Tyler Brooks Nielsen

Tyler - A name that both Andy and I really liked.
Brooks - This is after Andy's grandfather, Brooks Nielsen, who we both love and admire greatly.
Nielsen - Well, duh!



Here is my 29 week belly pic!
Bailey wanting in on some of the action.
"No Mommy, show them your belly...like this!"

We do try and tell Bailey she has a little brother coming as much as possible. She doesn't really quite get it. When we ask her where he brother is, she pulls her shirt up and points to her belly and says, "in here".


We have also gone through a couple transitions with Bailey these last few months. She is no longer in her crib and in a "big girl bed". That transition was very smooth. The first two nights were rough, but after that we didn't have any problems. She does stay in it until we go up and get her.


Two weeks ago, we also started potty training. I used this 3day potty training method that several friends had used and recommended. By the end of third day, Bailey and I were so exhausted and traumatized, we were both in tears. However, in the end it did work and she is potty trained.....for the most part.
The next major task is breaking Bailey's paci habit. She could have that pacifier in her mouth 24/7 if I let her. However, Bailey and I can only handle one transition at a time, so I'm going to hold off a little while longer on that one:)
Stay tuned and I promise to post pictures of all of Bailey's latest transitions as well as some pictures from our pumpkin patch visit!

2 comments:

Ken Teresa Scratchie said...

Dear Jill and of course Bailey Boo!

Jill, you look absolutely wonderful, just a beaming. You bring a tear to my eye.

From the little girl who once woke me up at 6 am to see the Smurfs, and I had no thought as to what the Smurfs were, Blue Creatures.

Now getting ready to have your second child.

We are so blessed to have you!

Bailey Boo, you are a nut. That's right, show Mommy how to lift her top to show her belley.

Just wonderful.

Lots of love, xox and pinkies.

G.A. Teresa,Uncle Ken and Scratchie

Krista Francies said...

Jill! Where is your belly? You look adorable. Bailey is growing so fast. It has been way to long since I've seen you. I miss you!