Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Bailey Roadshow, Part 1 - Indiana

1,910 miles, accross the Midwest.... with the dog... 7 tanks of gas, diaper changes, feedings... relatives, friends, strangers... parties, state fairs, boats, beaches... we did it all!
Here's the trip from Bailey's perspective:

I got to take my first plane ride with Mommy. She and I flew to Indiana to visit Nana and Granddad. Nana had a couple big ouchies to her ankle, so we traveled to Indiana a few days before Daddy to make sure was she was feeling OK. She's doing great- she's even coming to visit Northwest Arkansas next week! I can't wait to see her again.

Anyhow, that whole flying thing was really no big deal. Mommy put me into a milk-induced coma prior to boarding... she knows how I like to eat. I slept the whole way.

Daddy and Smashy met us in LaPorte- they brought the camera and took some pretty good shots:


Here I am with Granddad- I finally got to meet him!

He loves to teach me where my nose is :)

I also finally got to meet uncle Tim!


He even gave me my bedtime bottle one night- thanks Uncle Tim!

My Great Aunt Cecile and my Great Uncle Mike drove all the way from
Brown County, Indiana for the day to see me- that was so nice of them!

Here I am with Great Aunt Cecile and Nana

Here I am with my Great Uncle Mike

I also go to meet Mommy's best friend's daughter and son, Parker and Preston.

Here I am with Parker


...oh, and my doggie Smashy Face got to meet Nana and Granddad's bird Sunny, too!

I had a great time in Indiana at Nana and Granddad's!
After 4 fine days of relaxation, I was off to Minnesota to visit Mor Mor and Bumpa!

No comments: