Bailey has now completely mastered rolling over and is starting to become a tummy sleeper. Her sleep has been disrupted lately... as she will roll to her tummy, sleep for awhile, and she must get tired of sleeping on her tummy and doesn't want to flip on her back on her own. I really think she enjoys getting a glimpse of Mom and Dad at 3AM... as they graciously help her roll to her back. Overall, we can't complain - she's sleeping 12+ hours a night now. So if we have to get up to help her roll on to her back, we'll take it!

A half hour into one of Bailey's morning naps, (she usually takes two naps a day ranging anywhere from an hour to 2 1/2 hours) I heard her babbling. I walked into the room and said, "what do you think you're doing?" I was greeted with the smile below- she had rolled over and was pretty proud of herself!

She is not really full-on crawling yet; she's doing more of a scoot-crawl... or a "scrawl." She forgets to use her arms and they go flying
behind her as she kicks her legs. Just picture a fish out of water.

See Bailey, it's much easier when you use your arms to support yourself!

At her six month appointment we were told she could try fruits and......she HATES them! The picture below doesn't do much justice, but she either makes an awful looking face or gags! She also clamps her mouth shut and "isn't having it." I've tried warming fruits up and mixing them with rice cereal and nothing seems to be working. Anyone have any advice? I've tried applesauce, peaches and pears and so far she would rather have peas, green beans, or sweet potatoes. Weird.

We needed a little break from Baby Einstein, so I bought a Praise Baby DVD. She loves it. It will keep her attention for a good 35 minutes. Below is a picture of her watching it. Every once in awhile she gets really excited about an animal or other baby that pops up on the screen.
1 comment:
ok, sorry I just reread your post without kiddos climbing over me and see that you already tried mixing them. Oh well. Don't stress over it. She will survive on veggies!
Post a Comment